Wheat markets closed mostly higher in overnight trading.
- Chicago wheat March contract up US17.5cents per bushel to 818c/bu;
- Kansas wheat March contract up 16.5c/bu to 834.5c/bu;
- Minneapolis wheat March down 1.25c/bu to 947.25c/bu;
- MATIF wheat March contract up €9.75/t to €290.75/t;
- Corn March contract down 1c/bu to 620c/bu;
- Soybeans March contract up 4.25c/bu to 1407.25c/bu
- Winnipeg canola March 2022 contract down C$0.70/t to $995.20/t;
- MATIF rapeseed February 2022 contract down €4.25/t to €715.25/t;
- ASX March 2022 wheat contract up $10/t to $370/t;
- ASX Jan 2023 wheat contract up $3/t to $370/t;
- AUD dollar unchanged at US$0.714.
Australian markets are closed today for the Australia Day holiday.
Wheat futures continued mostly firmer, with the Chicago SRW and Kansas HRS contracts gaining 2pc in overnight trading. European wheat gained 3pc, as did the nearby ASX eastern wheat contract.
Source: Lachstock Consulting