Latest listings on Jobs Central recruitment page:
- Technical Manager, Herbicides – via Rimfire Resources
- Chief Farming Officer, goFARM – via Rimfire Resources
- Rural Reseller Business Manager – via Agricultural Appointments
- Overseer, Property Improvements Thalmera – TVF Pastoral
- Production Coordinator – Northern Rivers Meats
- Territory Manager, Central West NSW – via Rimfire Resources
- Export Sales Manager – via Rimfire Resources
- Area Sales Manager – via Rimfire Resources
- Station Manager, Kamilaroi – Stanbroke
- Stud Groom / Farm Labourer – Mary Valley, SE Qld
- Livestock Buyer, Burnett Region – JBS
Click here to access these and other exciting jobs currently listed on Jobs Central.
AS the holiday season draws closer, job-seekers might be considering putting their search on hold.
However, it is a common misconception that businesses do not hire at all over Christmas and it could in fact be the ideal time to rev up the job search.
Here are some reasons why:
A lot of job-seekers tend to postpone their job search until the new year, due to busy schedules or the false impression that there are no jobs available.
Job-seekers who can get on the radar before the new year will have a greater advantage, with the number of applicants for jobs generally less than usual.
Jobs will always become available regardless of the time of year, especially if a business is left short by a sudden departure at the end of the year.
Job-seekers should keep on the forefront with their search throughout the holidays, and ensure no potential roles are missed.
Businesses still hire
While many people might think of the holiday season as a time to take a break, it doesn’t necessarily mean the same for businesses.
Job openings will always need to be filled, regardless of whether it is the holiday season or not, and the end of the year could be an ideal time for many businesses who need to finalised any new positions before the new year.
This could be due to business or financial goals, or to ensure they are set up for the new year and can hit the ground running straight away.
Use time wisely
If a job-seeker is already in a position, it can be difficult to job search while trying to juggle work at the same time.
So for those who get a break over the holidays, it can be the ideal time to dedicate time to properly applying for roles and making the most of some free time.
It is also far easier for job-seekers to continue searching in the new year if they haven’t halted their search over the holidays; this prevents momentum from disappearing and keeps the job hunt fresh and front-of-mind.
Source: Meat Processors Pty Ltd
HAVE YOUR SAY