WEEKLY rainfall totals in excess of 150 mm were recorded in parts of the New South Wales southern and central coast, with parts of Sydney experiencing major riverine and flash flooding. Localised heavy rainfall in inland Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
- An upper-level low combined with a strong easterly airstream brought showers to the New South Wales central and southern coast and adjacent land areas, with high daily rainfall totals on the 6th and 7th.
- Thunderstorms with localised heavy falls developed in inland Queensland on the 8th, and expanded into inland New South Wales and Victoria on the following days.
- Weekly rainfall totals in excess of 150 mm recorded were in parts of the New South Wales southern and central coast; parts of Sydney experienced major riverine and flash flooding.
- Weekly totals greater than 50 mm were recorded along most of the New South Wales coast and adjacent inland areas, as well as in much of the New South Wales Central West district; and in the far north-west of the Top End.
- The highest weekly rainfall total was 352 mm at Darkes Forest near Wollongong.
HAVE YOUR SAY