CBH GROUP has completed its second biggest Western Australian harvest on record with 16.4 million tonnes (Mt) of grain received across the CBH network during the 2018-19 season.
The large crop saw many receival site records broken and the Kwinana zone total, at 8Mt delivered, beat the previous record of 7.5Mt set in 2013-14.
CBH general manager operations David Capper said the season exceeded expectations.
“While we were anticipating a larger than average harvest, the final result was more than we expected and a great outcome for growers and CBH.
“This is a particularly pleasing result as we introduced a number of changes to delivery processes this season, including the implementation of the new CDF mobile delivery app for growers and transporters.
The CDF app was well received with over 69 per cent of tonnes delivered via the app. We were also able to better track average site turnaround times including queue times which reduced from 46 minutes last season to 43 minutes this season. A great result given the big harvest.
“The CDF app, coupled with the extensive site-throughput enhancements made prior to harvest and dedicated work from the CBH teams have all contributed to improving our efficiency at site, which is a core focus for CBH Operations” Mr Capper said.
Mr Capper said CBH is now focused on moving grain from upcountry sites to port to meet the requirements of a demanding shipping program for the start of the year.
“Taking in such a large crop is not without its challenges, so I want to thank growers and transporters for their continued support, and the CBH team for working safely and efficiently to resolve issues.”
Facts and figures
- 25 sites broke season receival records and 23 sites broke one day receival records.
- 17 sites across the Kwinana Zone broke one day receival records and 18 sites within the zone broke season receival records.
- Merredin received the most grain within the Kwinana Zone, with 444,300 tonnes delivered.
- Mingenew received the most grain within the Geraldton Zone, with 575,700 tonnes delivered.
- Cranbrook was the Albany Zone’s largest site, with 340,500 tonnes delivered.
- Esperance Grain Terminal (including Chadwick) received the most grain within the Esperance Zone, with 1.15Mt delivered
Source: CBH Group
Grain Central: Get our free daily cropping news straight to your inbox – Click here