THE Australian oilseeds industry has released the ‘Australian Oilseed Industry Strategic Plan 2020-2025’ which provides a roadmap for the industry to address future issues and opportunities.
At the heart of the strategy is the vision for Australia’s oilseeds industry to be a $5 billion, sustainable, internationally competitive, respected and cohesive industry that builds value by meeting market demands.
The plan, developed by the industry under the stewardship of the Australian Oilseeds Federation (AOF), is the fifth industry strategic plan developed over the past 20 years.
The AOF facilitates the process through extensive consultations with industry, as well as drawing on the rich supply of information it holds.
“For our part, AOF’s mission is to provide the leadership, support and representation to help the industry implement the strategies and activities outlined in the plan,” AOF chief executive officer, Nick Goddard, said.
“We also work to ensure the Australian oilseed industry is able to capitalise on opportunities for value adding and growth”.
Opportunities identified, and which underpin the strategy’s vision, include changing consumer trends, changing and growing feed demand, emerging technology, new supply chains, new production regions and end-user driven sustainability requirements.
- Actively promoting the benefits of Australian oil and meal in domestic and international markets
- focusing on delivering quality products tailored to end-user needs
- Protecting and improving access to existing markets;
- expanding into new markets and facilitating market entry for new products
- Supporting the Australian Oilseed industry to be globally recognised as environmentally, socially and economically sustainable
- Shaping the industry’s environment and identifying and communicating industry priorities;
- supporting industry freedom to operate and fostering innovation;
- identifying and supporting the development of new products and new market opportunities
Download the five-year industry plan, ‘Australian Oilseed Industry Strategic Plan 2020-2025’ at www.australianoilseeds.com