Grain Central Comment Policy
Grain Central is committed to providing an open forum for discussion and debate on stories and issues of relevance to Australia’s grain industry.
We have laid out the following set of guidelines for everyone wishing to comment on Grain Central.
We encourage all users to familiarise themselves with these guidelines to ensure that they can continue to contribute to the conversation. We reserve the right to not publish or remove without notification comments which we feel are in breach of our guidelines.
- Real names: In order to maintain transparency and open and considered debate, Grain Central will not accept comments from people who do not provide their full name (first name and surname). We accept that this policy will discourage some readers who prefer anonymity from posting comments but we believe the use of real names is important to help us maintain a transparent forum and a reasonable standard of debate.
- Play the ball, not the player: We encourage committed, passionate and even heated debate on any of the issues or stories that Grain Central covers, but insults or insinuations are not part of this. We will not accept comments that contain personal remarks about the author of a story, about individuals mentioned in stories, or about others providing comment.
- Be constructive: When making your case support your position with evidence and reason. Explain why you disagree or agree with something. Your reasoning is as important as your opinion. Back up your ideas with evidence and fact where possible.
- Stay on topic: Of course we want discussion to be as wide-ranging as possible, and we understand that conversations can take unexpected turns. But we’d like to make our comments areas a place for people to debate the news.
- Don’t shout: Posting in block capitals is equivalent to shouting and should be avoided.
- Play nicely: Bad language, derogatory remarks, name-calling, streams of invective, or threatening, insulting or harassing comments or which could be perceived as such will not be posted.
- Keep it brief: We reserve the right to edit comments for length if they exceed 200 words.
- Keep us out of jail: Any content which is defamatory, prejudicial to an ongoing court case, or could otherwise land us in legal trouble, will be deleted.
- Stick to the Facts: It important that commentators verify all facts before submission. Submissions where facts are clearly wrong will not be published. Submissions based on hearsay or supposition will not be published.
Please note that Grain Central cannot endorse or stand by the accuracy, truthfulness or reliability of any material posted by users in comments to its articles.
We aim to maintain a reasonable standard of debate and thank our readers for supporting us in this endeavour. If you wish to discuss any elements of this policy, contact us at email@example.com