All markets were lower overnight.
- CBOT wheat down 7.75c to 508c,
- Kansas wheat down 7.5c to 512.25c,,
- corn down 0.25c to 341c,
- soybeans down 3.75c to 819.5c
- Winnipeg canola up $C3.7 to $C495,
- Matif canola up €1 to €374.25
- The Dow Jones down 137.65 to 25986.92
- AUD down to 0.7255c
- CAD down to 1.30119c, (AUDCAD 0.9440)
- EUR down to 1.168, (AUDCAD 0.6210)
Wheat weekly export shipments and sales were a little over 400,000t.
Corn markets were described as being perhaps a little too cheap. Indications that US growers are already gearing up for harvest suggest yield may trim a little. World exportable stocks of corn are falling and cheap prices have encouraged feed demand. Export sales reported last week were 175,400t current crop and 525,000t new crop.
Though the US weekly soybean sales report was down last week, the weekly export shipment figure was 973,100t, up 55pc on previous.